Kawasaki Precision Machinery are looking to recruit an Experienced Supplier Quality Engineer / Auditor to join their expanding team.
Established in 1968 the Precision Machinery division of Kawasaki has been at the forefront of hydraulic technology and development for nearly 50 years. Today the Kawasaki brand is synonymous with quality and innovation in hydraulic pumps, motors, valves and complete systems across the whole spectrum of applications.
This is a pivotal role within the company where the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating, monitoring and supporting continuous improvement of supplied part quality into the client. The primary aim of this position is to provide quality, technical and project support whilst focusing existing and new suppliers to the client’s requirements. This will then result in the achievement of Quality, Delivery, Cost and Development targets in line with company business needs.
- To ensure that suppliers to the company comply with the requirements of recognised standards, company SQA Manual and QCD performance expectations.
- To evaluate and support the selection of new suppliers and to use APQP & PPAP to introduce new/localised parts.
- To approve supplied processes/parts using PPAP criteria, Process Capability, ISIR and capacity verification
- To drive continuous improvement in supplier performance at targeted suppliers to achieve overall supplier ppm reduction, prevention of repeat issues and permanent countermeasures for severe issues
- To lead supplier development activities and conduct site assessments and audits
- Support day to day business by leading structured problem solving efforts at suppliers’ sites and drive continual improvements in their manufacturing processes
- To provide support to Purchasing and NPI teams for new supplier approval and for new product introduction.
Required Candidates / Attributes:
- Hold an HNC, Degree and/ or Mechanical Apprenticeship and be a professionally industrial qualified SQA Engineer / Quality Engineer (e.g. CQI certificate or diploma) and hold ISO9001/ISOTS16949/VDA 6.3 Lead Auditor status.
- Have a Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering or manufacturing with a background of working with / initiating processes/procedures
- Have Experience of APQP/PPAP/8D problem solving/Process capability assessment
- Have Process experience of castings, forgings and machined parts and heat treated parts. Some experience with other materials, e.g. plastic, complex assemblies, bearings etc. would be beneficial
- Be a good communicator/negotiator with the ability to influence internally and externally, from Shop floor to Board level.
- To support suppliers by technical liaison and to influence supplier staff at all levels
- Be analytical and decisive and able to analyse manufacturing processes, and assess control measures
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ideally have a minimum of 5 years purchasing experience with an extensive background of working with suppliers
- Have Experience of working in Europe and Asia and be willing to undertake regular travel to UK, European and Asian supplier base.
If you are an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer, and are currently looking for a new and exciting career challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.