Experienced Supplier Quality Engineer required to join a leading global manufacturer based on the outskirts of Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking supplier audits and identifying non conformances using various problem solving quality tools to carry out corrective actions. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading manufacturer in its field at a time of substantial, continuing growth.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Undertaking Supplier audits.
- Respond to quality issues on supplier parts.
- Dealing with non conformance and complains.
- Process claims against suppliers.
- Ensure suitable and prompt corrective action using 8D C.A.R processes.
- Measure supplier performance using Pareto, Dppm and FPY.
- Develop metrics and reports to ensure maximum supplier performance.
- To organise on site screening and / or rework by the Supplier or sub contract agency.
- To clarify method of disposal for defective goods from the Supplier.
- To approve new / modified parts.
- Supplier training.
- Assist with tooling development, press tools, extrusion die tooling, forming processes and injection mould tooling.
- Provide Internal Quality Assurance support to other departments when not undertaking external supplier audits.
- Lead and manage a small team of 2 to 3 auditors.
Qualifications / Experience & Candidate Attributes Required:
- A minimum of a HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Recent, relevant experience working as a Supplier Quality Engineer / Supplier Quality Auditor.
- ISO9001 accreditation, however recent relevant experience may be considered in the absence of this accreditation.
- Experience of APQP and PPAP essential.
- Knowledge and experience of FMEA, 5Y and 8D quality investigations.
- Knowledge of lean methodologies.
- SAP ERP experience desirable, however other ERP system experience will also be considered.
- Excellent communicator.
- Methodical and thorough with excellent attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be required to travel around the UK on a monthly basis undertaking supplier audits. International travel will also be required on an ad hoc basis.
If you are an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer / Supplier Quality Auditor, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.