One of our prestigious clients are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join their team based in the Falmouth area.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- End to end responsibility for the supply of all materials into the company operations
- Work with the Procurement Manager to develop raw material category strategies, sourcing cost reduction plans & supplier development
- Work with the Planning Manager on the development of MRP and a robust planning cycle to ensure zero stock outs affecting delivery against customer requested dates.
- Development of the materials team, stock control and handling processes to gain improvements in efficiency and control
- Responsibility for the development and training of the entire supply chain team
- Liaise with internal and external customers & stakeholder to ensure the timely supply of components and/or services.
- Lead, monitor and continually reduce the landed cost to serve of materials through GEM initiatives & projects
- Continually improve quality and delivery performance in conjunction with the Supply Chain team and other key stakeholders.
- Champion and have oversite in Product Development Projects and ensure viable delivery of a cost effective and robust material supply chain for new materials.
- Authorise and approve Engineering Change Orders, facilitate implementation of change/ new item and determine effective date.
- Facilitate supplier contributions to new company product designs.
- Monitor & proactively manage obsolescence risks and material supply for 7 year spares items.
- Responsibility for maintaining accurate supplier data, including pricing, contracts, review meeting schedules and relevant up-to-date supplier quality information.
- Ideally qualified to Diploma level of the Charted Institute of Purchasing & Supply with full MCIPS status
- Minimum of HNC / HND in Engineering, Business Studies or alternative subject.
- Extensive experience of product planning and procurement systems.
- Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology such as Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in establishing excellent relationships with suppliers.
- Extensive experience of negotiating complex and significant purchasing agreements with suppliers.
- Experienced and commercially astute in securing the best possible agreement whilst protecting the commercial integrity of the company
- Excellent project management skills.
- Comprehensive managerial experience
If you are an experienced Supply Chain Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.