Exciting opportunity for an experience Supply Chain Manager to join an established manufacturing operation.
You will provide leadership and practical expertise within the company’s procurement team in order to balance stock levels, negotiate cost reductions and control the supply chain for the company. The suitable candidate will be either an experienced Purchasing Manager or Senior Buyer that has proven experience within a manufacturing environment.
Main Duties / description of tasks
- Contract negotiation and supplier management
- Work closely with other functions and stakeholders within the business to ensure supplier performance is improved and necessary capacity and stock arrangements are in place.
- Manage the Purchasing team, supporting day to day decisions and ensuring the department operates efficiently.
- Monitor and report on costs, evaluate price trends and levels of demand and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Produce detailed reports and statistics for the Senior Management Team
- Experience in a senior purchasing / procurement role with experience of strategic sourcing, vendor management and demand management.
- A proven track record of successful supplier negotiations.
- Ideally be educated to degree level, with a CIPS qualification. Experience considered in the absence of qualifications.
- Good commercial awareness and ideally experience of working within the manufacturing sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong analytical skills.
- An excellent standard of numeracy with the ability to analyse and communicate facts and figures.
If you are an experienced Procurement professional and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte. Many thanks for your interest.