Our rapidly expanding client is looking for a Support Developer to join their very busy Head Office based in the outskirts of Plymouth.
The Support Developer will work as part of the IT Development team creating and / or supporting a variety of solutions to deliver maximum business benefit and return on investment.
They will construct and support ‘in-house’ developed systems and platforms fit for purpose in a professional, timely and courteous manner.
They will assist in delivering project components or change requests to agreed timescales, quality and scope.
They will also assist in the preparation and execution of user and system test plans.
- Supporting existing and future ‘in house’ developments to ensure minimal disruption to availability and quality of service
- Gathering and documenting user requirements accurately
- Estimating effort and timescales for support fixes and project deliverables
- Responding to and delivering end user requests and issues
- Working as part of a team in order to deliver complex development projects
- Passionate about playing their part in development and support resulting in outputs fit for the end user, customers and the brand.
Skills & Attributes:
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail
- Passionate about the user experience and, accurate and timely delivery of data and services
- Strong customer service approach to support and requirements gathering
- Understanding and working knowledge of web based processes and their application (preferably within a retail environment but not essential)
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the business and learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to troubleshoot logically in multiple programming languages and platforms
- Able to communicate and present to all levels of the business
- Ability to gather interpret project requirements
- Experience of documenting developments for post implementation support and training
The perfect candidate for this role will hold a number of the following skills:
- NET framework with C#
- T-SQL (to an intermediate level)
- SQL database administrative skills
- Development of Windows based tablets / mobiles (WPF)
- BizTalk 2010
- Microsoft reporting services 2010 or higher
- FTP / SFTP / API
- EDI Standards
- Principles of RDBMS and normalisation
- Angular JS
Starting salary £18,000 with the view to increase to £20,000 after 6 months.
If you are an experienced Support Developer and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.