We are searching for an IT Support Manager to head up and manage a collaborative team of 1st and 2nd line IT Support Desk operatives within the Service Centre Group, which operates in an ITIL environment to meet the GPSoC, NHS Wales, Private Practice and Channel Islands service agreements to deliver an excellent customer experience. If successful, you will be responsible for incident management, problem management and part of the change management release group.
You will ensure that SLAs and team KPIs are met, whilst also ensuring the day-to-day coaching, training and support of the team is prioritised on a continual basis. In addition, you will be responsible for the staffs’ professional development and will be expected to handle standard line management issues, such as performance management and disciplinary issues where appropriate. You will be working very closely with the Management Team in the delivery of continual software development in line with customer requirements and will report into the Strategic Group Manager.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Good working knowledge of Linux and SQL
- Good general education with at least 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) with grade C or above which includes English and Maths
- Preferably an ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Demonstrate a strong technical acumen, a good team player and have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Knowledge of NHS computing or medical systems would be an advantage
- Having previous experience of dealing with clinical safety would be highly advantageous but is not essential as training will be given
- Management of the Support Teams following strict Service Desk guidelines, protocols and procedures to ensure each incident is dealt with appropriately and efficiently
- Provide the user with effective, fast and responsive technical support, information, diagnosis and requests for service within service agreement guidelines of the customer base
- Work with KPIs for the critical success factors for the service, and develop team and individual targets
- Remain aware of service delivery issues and to plan proactively to minimise workload pressures. Develop rotas and team processes for sickness, annual leave etc
- Responsible for generating KPI reports in line with service agreements which require analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options. Reports will be presented to external stakeholders and senior staff within the Service Centre
- Engage and collaborate effectively by building relationships with other work stream leads and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of relevant NHS clinical and administrative processes
- Build and maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of the product range and how they are used within Healthcare settings
- Plan and prioritise own work, responding to changing requirements and to support the work of other work stream leads of the Service Centre
- Manage the coordination and escalation of issues to external suppliers for effective resolutions, as well as analysing the service report from customers
- Define and maintain operational procedures for running a successful support service using the telephony and service management systems
Quality driven and focused on performance, you will use data and professional knowledge to drive a continual improvement ethos within the team and across the Service Centre. You will ensure that the principles of Information Governance, Data Protection, GDPR, Freedom of Information and best practices are embedded and applied in the use of handling confidential information. If successful, you will be office based with only occasional meetings on customer site. This position comes with many benefits including; Health Care Plans, Bicycle Scheme, Pension Scheme, up to 33 days annual leave, just to name a few.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V, many thanks for your interest.