Reporting into the Infrastructure Delivery Manager, the Systems Integration Engineer will be the main technical resource for integrations with third party application providers. The successful applicant will work closely with the DevOps team, to own and sustain the integration environments which these providers use.
This role involves working with multiple internal staff members, as well as external parties and thus, excellent communication skills are a prerequisite requirement. The successful applicant will be involved with the setup of an exciting, formal partners programme which is envisaged to coincide with a new and revised contract starting in late 2019.
- Work towards understanding the exact requirements of each agreement
- Negotiating with outside organisations/partners, to achieve the optimum outcome
- Work closely with Software and Dev Ops teams internally
- Demonstrate a logical, structured approach to time management and task prioritisation, to work within project timelines
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with organisations and partners
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple projects without impacting deadlines
- Work independently or with others as required
- Write shell, Power Shell or Batch scripts
- PHP coding
- Ability to code in C#, JS or CPP would be a distinct advantage
- Communicate with all levels of management including the board
- Providing feedback internally for product and service enhancements
Knowledge and Skills
- Previously demonstrated ability to work on system integration projects
- Thinks in “system” terms understands and works with multi-platform designs
- Can interface with in-depth experts in each component area
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux systems
- proven problem solving ability and system management
- SQL skills to an intermediate level
- Can communicate verbally or in writing at various levels with technical and non-technical contacts
- Exercises discretion when dealing with competitive partner products
- Presentation skills/experience would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent client facing skills and strong negotiating skills
The successful applicant should be a team player with excellent customer care and interpersonal skills who is articulate, self-motivated and possesses the ability to prioritise and deal with escalated queries.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone TQR Plymouth and ask for Rachel V, many thanks for your interest.