We are working closely with a clinical software specialist, who are searching for a Technical Project Manager to work from either their Plymouth or Bodmin office. We are on the hunt for someone who is; sharp, inventive, curious and pro-active. We want someone who is not afraid to work hard and is used to working towards tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
Our client creates innovative IT products and services that transform the way their customers work and as such, innovation is at the heart of what they do. They have strong and growing divisions that specialise in providing IT services, communication solutions and retail to business and home customers throughout the UK. Their depth and range of expertise in IT and communication services is one of the many reasons why they are so renowned.
As the Technical Project Manager, you will report directly to the Assisting Managing Director. Your responsibilities will include; ensuring that bespoke planning, project management, development and release undertakings are delivered to health service customers, both internally and externally, within the expected timescales and to the quality expected.
You will liaise with the Systems Architect, Application Delivery Manager and the Development Teams on a per project basis. To be successful, you will need to be a team player with excellent customer care and interpersonal skills. You will be articulate, self-motivated and possesses the ability to prioritise and handle escalated queries. You will also need to have good leadership skills, as a part of your role will include supervising the Software Development & Testing Team.
- To ensure projects plans meet national and associated standards.
- To monitor and escalate unresolved development issues and milestones.
- To aid in the company’s continued service improvement plan on key items.
- Manage, motivate and monitor the cross functional team assigned to the project.
- To ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the Business Unit.
- Help to define the deliverables and resource requirements for projects, and manage their development and on-time delivery.
- Develop a knowledge of all projects in the portfolio, to a level where they can be discussed in detail, both internally and externally.
- Work closely with senior management, NHS and private health care organisations to understand the business requirement for the project, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project. Any unavoidable delays must be fully documented along with necessary evidence being collated to present to customers, along with a ‘lessons learned’ document.
- Ensure that all periodic and regular plans and documents are reviewed and updated in a timely manner, to ensure that all NHS and other deliverables are achieved within their timescales.
- To conduct project presentations and compile reports for people at all levels (including board level). To interpret, answer, and/or take forward any enquiry or query, in a responsive and caring manner, in order to achieve a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
- To communicate with both in-house and third party representatives, to ensure that project delivery is not hindered.
- To establish trust that you are acting effectively and efficiently on behalf of the company by way of communication and liaison.
- To aid in planning deployments, with the deployment lead based on incoming orders.
- Where relevant, to liaise with the accounts department with regards to invoicing based on project milestone delivery.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good negotiating skills.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- A proven track record of successful project implementation within a software environment.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to a degree level in Business Management or equivalent and APM, PMP, or a Prince 2 certification would be beneficial.
- Team management experience & comfortable matrix managing large project teams. Able to identify and utilise the necessary skills and resources to achieve the agreed specifications, within both cost and timescales.
- Demonstrable software application management experience & knowledgeable on the full stack software development cycle.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing and at each stage in between.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project, Agile working and development and Prince 2. Experience of working in an ISO compliant organisation is desirable.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to have a strong impact on and influence key decisions.
- The ability to manage several projects simultaneously and provide ongoing tracking of cost, time and resources usage.
- The ability to proactively manage projects to delivery, guaranteeing that all milestones and key dates are met whilst delivering a project that meets all expectations.
- Having previous experience of dealing with IT systems in clinical environments would be highly advantageous.
- Internal contact is a key feature of the job, involving consultation with colleagues at all levels across the Company.
Externally, the post holder will have regular contact with NHS staff, NHS Digital, Practice Managers, Practice Staff, General Practitioners, Clinicians and Health Authority representatives. This position is mainly office based but you will sometimes be required to attend site visits throughout the UK. The successful candidate will also be expected to attend periodic meetings with NHS D in, for instance, Leeds or London.
This is a permanent, full-time post, Monday to Friday (40 hours.) You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of information dealt with or held and you will be accountable for ensuring that resolution meets both NHS/ITIL and business criteria, in line with; performance indicators, quality standards, statutory regulations and to agreed time scales.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V. Many thanks for your interest.