Our manufacturing client is looking for two Toolmakers to join their busy team based in Plymouth. This is a permanent position with a rotating shift pattern, 6am – 2pm and then 2pm – 10pm with a 37.5 hour week.
- Repairing / modifying tooling, resolving tooling issues and manufacturing new tooling.
- Perform planned maintenance.
- Carry out EDM work, bench fitting duties and surface grinding where necessary.
- Assess tooling from sub-contractors to check standard.
- Assemble and fit new tooling.
- Continually work towards targets (quality, cost, time frames, etc.).
- Support production with unplanned tooling issues.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Skills required
- Engineer with mould toolmaking experience.
- Knowledge of thermoplastic processing.
- Wire EDM and CNC programming experience.
- Previously worked in a Toolroom environment is desirable.
- Fully Indentured Toolmaker or completed an apprenticeship, preferably with HNC in Engineering.
- Experience using CADCAM packages such as Solidworks, Powermill is desirable.
- Must be confident using computer programmes.
If you are an experienced Toolmaker, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Edwards. Many thanks for your interest.