Are you looking for a first step in your HR career? Due to substantial and continued growth we are seeking a dynamic and talented individual to join the HR team of a global manufacturer based in Plymouth. To be considered for this role candidates must already have HR qualifications and / or some experience of working within a HR Generalist role. The successful candidate will be given a personal training and development plan to work towards a full HR Officer position. This is an excellent opportunity to start or further your HR career within a company who has achieved market dominance in it’s field.
Overview of the role:
- Initially this role will involve a high level of administration duties, with gradual progression towards a full H.R. Officer's position supported by training, mentoring and by gaining experience.
- This is a “hands on” H.R. Generalist role working closely with the various functions within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- To be considered, candidates must already have some H.R. qualifications and / or experience.
- This role is ideally suited to someone looking to develop their career working across a wide range of human resource and employee development activities.
Aims of the HR Department:
- To be an active partner in planning and supporting the achievement of key business objectives with particular focus on organisational development within the Investors in People framework.
- To protect the company and all its employees by providing expert guidance, ensuring adherence to legal requirements and by actively promoting and supporting recognised best practice.
- To provide an excellent, customer-focused HR service, including the provision of accurate and timely information supporting business planning and decision making.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working effectively as part of the Human Resource team.
- Completion of a personal training and development plan, working towards a full HR Officer’s position (dependant on current skills and experience).
- Supporting the current H.R. officers.
- Various administration and data processing activities.
- Note taking during meetings.
- Maximising the contribution HR makes throughout the organisation through own efforts and by supporting organisational development activities.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Attributes required:
- One to Two years experience within a HR generalist role, ideally gained from within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Already qualified, or working towards, CIPD level 3 or equivalent.
- Resilient and able to work effectively in pressured situations.
- Ability to build strong rapport / trusting relationships.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- IT literate (knowledge of SAP would be an advantage).
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, flexible and self-motivated.
- Able to drive activities through to conclusion.
The successful candidate will be working 08:00am to 16:30pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00am – 15:30pm Fridays (39 hours per week).
If you are at the start of your HR career, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.