Our Client, a successful family run business based in Lee Mill, requires a Warehouse/Facilities Operative to oversee the control of materials and stock within the warehouse and to coordinate warehouse activities. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations. This position would suit an experienced Warehouse Operative who can self motivate and be relied upon to carry out the duties of the role without direct supervision, an in-date Counter Balance Forklift truck license will also be required. An HGV License who also be beneficial as a certain amount of driving would also be required for this role. A very competitive salary is associated with this position for the right candidate.
- To undertake works in connection with the issuing of store’s material and the maintenance of stock.
- To carry out deliveries and collection of materials to and from various sites.
- To take delivery of goods delivered into our warehouse with the use of forklifts where required. Ensure that goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner and check for damages and quantity.
- Put materials away in stores after deliveries in a FIFO order.
- To get materials out ready for collection by Company employees
- Keep stores clean and tidy.
Yard:- Waste Management
- Keep the yard clean and tidy to include perimeter checks as necessary.
- Manage the skips on site, ensuring that materials are correctly disposed of in the appropriate skips to maximise recycling possibilities.
- Removal and collection of all waste, including hazardous waste and ensure disposal in accordance with ISO14001.
- Maintain clean working areas throughout.
- Ensure that the surrounding area is kept clean & free from overgrowing foliage.
- Carry out any duties compatible with this job and the employees’ individual skills as required.
- To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with all stakeholders and Company partners.
- Any other tasks as may be reasonably expected of this position.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5pm (37.5 hour week)
If you are an experienced Warehouse/facilities Operative and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.