An experienced and NEBOSH qualified SHE Business Partner is required for one of Plymouth’s largest Manufacturing Companies.
You must be able to demonstrate a strong technical understanding of S, H & E legislation's and have gained some work experience within this field.
- Provide a comprehensive S,H & E service to the business units, providing guidance and support to the managers on all S, H & E matters.
- Undertake the promotion, delivery and auditing of S, H & E policies and programmes in the workplace and ensure business units are legally compliant.
- Promotion of a positive health and safety culture in all areas of the company through shop floor involvement and development of the Safety Champions & Reps
- Assisting business units with the root cause analysis, corrective and preventative (CA/PA) measures of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Compilation and review of safety and environmental management systems in line with accredited standards (ISO 14001/ OHSAS18001 & latterly 45001 once aligned and accredited)
- Carrying out independent safety and assurance audits in line with an agreed programme
- Assist business units to comprehensively close out findings of internal and external audits (CA/PA)
- To produce accurate and on time S, H & E reports and statistics
- Undertake the promotion and use of S, H & E policies and procedures in conjunction with Line managers.
- Attend meetings as the SHE representative.
- Carry out SHE training including Company induction.
- Help develop Company S, H & E objectives, policies, procedures and standards
- Achievement of KPI targets as set by the business
- Assisting the business units to achieve identified SHE related KPI’s
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Member of IOSH, minimum Tech(IOSH) working towards Grad(IOSH)
- MUST have NEBOSH NGC/ Construction
- Enrolled into a CPD process
- Demonstrable history of working within a manufacturing/ or similar industry
- Lead auditor trained
- Ideally have a working knowledge of both ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards, but not essential
- Have a strong technical understanding of S, H & E legislation
The hours will be 7.30am to 4.30pm (Monday to Thursday) and Friday (7.30am to 12.30pm)
If you are an experienced SHE and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.