Due to continued growth, this international supplier to the automotive industry is looking to recruit an experienced Project Engineering Lead to manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver New Product Introduction and Process Optimisation across the manufacturing site.
The PEL will provide leadership in close partnership with the Engineering Manager, to deliver technical solutions across the plant in order to support the commercial direction of the business.
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not exclusive to):
- Producing effective, efficient and realistic plans to deliver the solution (risks/opportunities are identified, estimates are validated, stakeholders are bought in).
- Lead overall end-to-end project delivery including resources and annual CAPEX expenditure projects.
- Provide engineering leadership to a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Ensure the engineering team delivers the “best value” solution.
- Control project configuration and change management.
- Support and direct multi-disciplined project teams and encourage collaborative working across the organisation.
- Act as the focal point for all process related issues.
Experience, Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Mechanical Engineering or Electrical HNC qualification.
- Proven experience at a senior level gained from a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of delivering and implementing Continuous Improvement projects across businesses.
- Process implementation and optimisation experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Drive and Commitment, whilst maintaining high standards.
- Ability to work as part of a strong responsive team.
- Substantial analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated leader and team player capable of working with minimum direction.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and possibly overseas.
- A degree in a relevant Engineering or Science subject.
- Experience from a CNC machining environment.
- Registered Chartered Engineer.
If you are an experienced Engineering Lead and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.