We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to ensure that the Project Portfolio is prioritised and delivered in line with Customer requirements, within agreed timescales and to the quality expected. You will be the primary Programme liaison point between client and customer, so excellent communication and project management skills are absolutely essential.
Our client creates IT products and services that transform the way their customers work and as such, innovation is at the heart of what they do. Their depth and range of expertise in IT and communication services is one of the many reasons why they are so renowned. They also take great care of their employees, with excellent benefits on offer.
- Build and maintain appropriate working relationships with the key stakeholders in NHSD, NWIS & NSS
- MT senior management representative at customer tele-conferences/meetings
- Member of the MT Executive Management Team with responsibilities for day to management of business activities
- Develop a knowledge of all projects in the Microtest portfolio to a level where they can be discussed in detail both internally and with customers.
- Formulate appropriate delivery strategies to support overall business priorities
- Develop and maintain the Project Portfolio Roadmap amending it as necessary dependent upon changing business needs and drivers
- Ensure that all periodic and regular plans and documents are reviewed and updated in a timely manner to ensure that all Programme deliverables are achieved within their timescales
- Help to define the deliverables, priorities and resource requirements for projects, and assist in management their development and on-time delivery
- To conduct project presentations and compile reports to people at all levels (including board level). To interpret, answer, and/or take forward any enquiry or query, in a responsive and caring manner in order to achieve a timely and satisfactory conclusion
- To communicate with both in-house and third party representatives, to ensure that project delivery is not hindered during any phase
- To establish trust that you are acting effectively and efficiently on behalf of the company by way of communication and liaison
- Aid in the company continued service improvement plan on key items such as BCDR and ISO accreditation
Knowledge and Skills
- A proven track record of successful programme/project on-time implementation preferably in a software environment
- Experience of large Public Sector Procurements and frameworks
- Team management experience, comfortable matrix managing large project teams
- Experience of managing resources over wide spread geographical areas
- Excellent client facing skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project, Agile working and development and Prince 2. Experience of working in an ISO compliant organisation is desirable
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions
- Having previous experience of dealing with IT systems in clinical environments would be highly advantageous
You must be; articulate, self-motivated and possess the ability to prioritise and deal with escalated queries. Accountable for ensuring that resolution meets both ITIL and company criteria, in line with performance indicators, quality standards, statutory regulations, and to agreed time scales.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. I will be in touch to discuss the finer details of this vacancy, many thanks for your interest.