An experienced and fully qualified SHE Senior Leader who can promote, deliver and audit for the SHE services. Providing guidance and support to all Managers within the business.
- Provide front-line leadership to the SHE department
- Lead the provision of a comprehensive SHE service to the business units, providing guidance and support to the managers on all SHE matters.
- Lead the promotion, delivery and auditing of SHE policies and programmes in the workplace and ensure business units are legally compliant.
- Leading the front-line promotion of a positive health and safety culture in all areas of the company through shop floor involvement and development of the Safety Champions & Reps
- Leading the front line support to business units with the root cause analysis, corrective and preventative (CA/PA) measures of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Compilation and review of safety and environmental management systems in line with accredited standards (ISO 14001/ OHSAS18001 & latterly 45001 once aligned and accredited)
- Leading the completion of independent safety and assurance audits in line with an agreed programme
- Assist business units to comprehensively close out findings of internal and external audits (CA/PA)
- Accurate and on time S, H & E reports and statistics
- Lead the promotion and use of S, H & E policies and procedures in conjunction with Line managers.
- Lead the development of company S, H & E objectives, policies, procedures and standards
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Member of IOSH, minimum Grad(IOSH) working towards CMIOSH
- NEBOSH Dip or equivalent (NVQL 4/5 NCRQ etc.)
- Enrolled into a CPD process
- Demonstrable history of working within a manufacturing/ or similar industry
- Lead auditor trained
- Achievement of KPI targets as set by the business
- Assisting the business units to achieve identified SHE related KPI’s
- Ideally have a working knowledge of both ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards, but not essential.
- Have a strong technical understanding of S, H & E legislation
- Experienced in effective communication at all levels of a business.
- Knowledge and understanding of the main business processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft XL/ Word
- Has a ‘can do’ approach to challenges and work ethics
The hours will be 7.30am to 4.30pm (Monday to Thursday) and Friday (7.30am to 12.30pm)
If you are an experienced Senior SHE Professional and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.