Up to £50,000 DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
I am recruiting for an Accountant to join a successful and growing business based on the outskirts of Plymouth. You will be working with a board of directors, who you will report to daily and you will be the key role in the strategy of the business. With low staff turnover, the successful candidate will very much feel a family feel environment and support at all times to learn and develop in terms of your skill set.
As this is a new role within the company, and you will be expected to manage all these processes and elements below with an accounts assistant who will be working under you, so team management experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, proficient in IT and be a team player. You will also be expected to work to tight deadlines and manage their own workloads.
Working closely with the senior management team, you’ll collaborate with other departments, external suppliers in order to provide an up to date and accurate commentary on all things finance. It is a busy role, on the day-to-day front you’ll be paying particular attention to:
- Project costing
- Checking external accountant’s work
- VAT returns
- Payment authorisation
- Intercompany transactions/invoicing
- Fixed asset register
- Stock control
- Reconciling payments and applications from subcontractors
- Monthly management accounts for all companies and SPVs
- Profit and loss forecasting
- Cash flow forecasting
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA although QBE will be considered
- Team management experience
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Excellent IT skills – ideally with experience of implementing new systems
- Construction industry background would be an advantage
This role is a full-time position. Working hours are 8.30 – 5.00 Monday – Friday.
Competitive salary offered dependent on experience. Benefits include 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays and company Pension.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.