No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant to join a Birmingham based professional Accountancy Practice, who serve a range of small to medium enterprises (SMEs) across the country. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Accounts Preparation and related tax computations including dealing with VAT and PAYE.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by monitoring accounts preparation; entering amortisations of prepaid accounts; balancing job costs; updating monthly retain age, workers’ compensation, and general insurance accruals; preparing monthly entries for fixed asset deprecation, accruals, amortisation, and cost allocations.
- Summarise current financial status by analysing general ledger accounts; compiling and submitting financial statements.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Keep up to date with CPD requirements and knowledge of ethical guidelines, tax legislation and accounting procedures.
- Preparing financial documents and reports for directors, shareholders, and statutory and other bodies.
- Preparation and submission of annual accounts, quarterly VAT reports and returns for statutory bodies e.g. HMRC, Companies House.
- Preparing tax returns and submitting them to statutory bodies.
- Implementation and proper utilisation of accounting system and policies.
- Responsible for preparing management reports e.g. monthly, quarterly management accounts for shareholders and company executives.
- Dealing with the queries, disputes and investigations of statutory bodies regarding businesses’ annual returns, VAT, Payroll etc.
- Overseeing and assisting the trainees regarding various accountancy tasks and administrative processes.
- Monthly and weekly payroll management for clients.
- Ensuring that the trainees are carrying out their duties effectively and diligently.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Professional qualifications/accreditation (ACA or ACCA, Part or Full).
- Wide-ranging skill set and capable of handling different responsibilities at once.
- Good exposure to the nature of small to medium size enterprises (SMEs).
- Good working knowledge of software packages and systems used in accounting firms.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving abilities.
- Accountancy practice experience is essential.
- Quickbooks: 1 year
If you are an experienced Accountant, with an Accountancy Practice background, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.