Up to £22,000 DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
I am recruiting for an experienced and reliable Accounts Assistant/ Bookkeeper to join a successful and growing business based on the outskirts of Plymouth. Reporting to the Accountant, you will also be working with a board of directors, who you will report to daily and you will be the key role in the strategy of the business. With low staff turnover, the successful candidate will very much feel a family feel environment and support at all times to learn and develop in terms of your skill set.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, proficient in IT and be a team player. You will also be expected to work to tight deadlines and manage their own workloads.
The role will include monthly bookkeeping and other ad hoc duties:
- Coins experience ideally
- Accurate data entry
- Keeping ledgers up to date
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Entering purchase invoices
- Entering sales invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Entering and matching purchase orders
- Supplier queries and remittances
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- 3+ years bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in IT – ideally with experience of involvement in implementing new systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- Construction industry background would be an advantage
This role is a full-time position. Working hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday.
Competitive Salary offered dependent on experience. Benefits include 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays and company Pension.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.