No. of Openings :
Job Type :
My client based in Plymouth is looking for an Accounts Assistant to work 20-30 hours a week over 5 days. You will be responsible for the purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash handling, cash posting, banking, credit control and to provide a range of financial assistance and other support to the Finance Department as required in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Code, and process supplier invoices to the accounting system.
- Reconcile supplier accounts
- Pay suppliers within the account system and using online banking and cheques.
- Input data to spreadsheets, update reports for invoicing, banking and reporting of client data.
- Produce and process sales invoices, statements.
- Post customer receipts to the sales ledger.
- Process other receipts and payments as advised by the Finance Manager.
- Monitor aged debtors, produce reports and assist in the collection of outstanding money.
- Prepare monies for banking and take to bank.
- Take payments over the phone and in person.
- Prepare Direct Debit instructions and post collections.
- Issue out petty cash and maintain appropriate records relating to petty cash transactions.
- Process the petty cash payments to the accounts system.
- Process banking returns from other centres to the accounts system.
- Deal with supplier and client queries.
- Be familiar with and ready to cover the work of other Finance Assistants especially during periods of holiday/sickness absence.
- Undertake any other tasks appropriate to the post as advised by the Finance Manager.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Minimum AAT Level 2 or Certificates in Accounting is desirable
- 2 years recent experience within an accounts department
- Practical experience using computerised accounts, particularly Sage 50 Accounts
- Proficient in the use of excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of Financial and Administrative procedures
- Experience of banking and handling money
- Flexible approach to working
Note: DBS disclosure required if successfully appointed
If you have all of the required experience and are looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.