Job Type :
We are working with a prestigious University and looking to a temporary Administrator to join as a member of the Registry & Admissions team, who will assist the Registry Manager (Applications, Compliance & International) and Admissions Co-ordinators with the administration of departmental duties.
- Assisting in the arrangements for interviews by communicating with applicants by letter, e-mail and telephone and recording responses on tracking spreadsheets and including setting up electronic folders with appropriate paperwork and sending lists to Admissions Tutors.
- Attending and participating in Open Days.
- Sending out bulk communications for offers.
- Entering and maintaining data on the Unit-e Admissions record system.
- Using Unite generated reports to set up and send out emails relating to compliance checks, process DBS checks and record results, sending reminders where required, and monitor and record on-line health checks.
- Using Unite reports to ensure verification and recording of prior qualifications.
- Providing instructions and guidance to students in the operation of computerised processes and where necessary organising facilities for applicants to complete the computerised clearance process.
- Other tasks as may be specified by the Registry Manager (Applications, Compliance and International)
- To collaborate with other staff within Registry Services by undertaking general office duties as cover for colleagues as and when required.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
NVQ 2 (Business Administration) or CLAIT or ECDL or BTEC certificate/ diploma in administration or NVQ customer services or equivalent.
Level 2/3 Qualification
Recent substantial experience of office work including telephone and written communication with customers.
Recent knowledge of office systems and procedures, both computerised and manual including ICT skills (Microsoft word processing, computerised data bases and spreadsheets).
NVQ 3 (Business Administration) or NEBSS or BTEC certificates, diplomas, awards(Business, Administration, Customer Service) or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
Good oral communication and ability to deal courteously and efficiently with members of the University and the general public on the telephone, face-to-face and via digital communications.
Planning and organising with the ability to work to and manage deadlines while following instructions and maintaining accuracy.
If you are an experienced Administrator and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please call TQR Plymouth office and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.