Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
As a result of our clients expansion plans and their continued ongoing success, we are seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer to be based in Plymouth.
As an Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through –
- Attending buying meetings with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Forecasting of stock & placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Strong analytical excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Keen eye for detail
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve
- Understanding of retail industry trends and how to incorporate them into the business
This is a full time position Monday to Friday.
We are also recruiting for a Buying Assistant to support the Senior Buying team to drive sales, maximize profit and achieve stock and sales targets. You will also assist in sourcing, listing, managing and developing product ranges and promotional offers and must be confident with Microsoft Excel and capable of working with formulas and graphs. Please email your CV to Geraldine@tqr.co.uk.