£24,000 - £30,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Salary: £24,000 to £30,000 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Working structure: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with some flexibility on start / finish times within the office hours of 8.30 – 18.00. Potential for one day a week working from home after completion of probationary period.
My client is the home of motoring in the South West for over 70 years and our success is built by and through of there people. It’s important to the Directors that everyone feels that they’re part of something special. Along with an exciting career opportunity, competitive salaries, they have a great benefit package including but not limited to:
The role will report to a dedicated Management Accountant and there are a further four Assistant Management Accountants in the team alongside two further Management Accountants. It is a varied role producing management accounts and ad-hoc reports whilst ensuring that proper systems and controls are in place. Previous motor trade experience is not essential as full job role training will be given, as well as full study support to achieve qualification. The department currently includes four fully qualified accountants along with seven people studying towards qualifications. This role would ideally suit a Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or an ambitious recent graduate who is committed to pursuing a career in accounting.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Ensure that the computer accounting system operates efficiently in order to produce monthly management accounts in accordance with established timescales.
- Prepare summary daily operating control figures.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and submit manufacturer composite data.
- Analyse monthly management accounts in order to highlight areas to improve profitability.
- Distribute monthly forecasts, management accounts and dealer composite reports.
- Assist with accounting queries from other members of staff when required.
- Produce schedules, reconciliations and reports required for monthly and statutory audit purposes.
- Ensure that all nominal accounts are reconciled regularly and investigate and resolve outstanding balances.
- Ensure that all cash and bank accounts are balanced and controlled on a daily basis including reconciliation of the bank accounts.
- Process miscellaneous manufacturers paperwork including vehicle purchase invoices and bonus payments. Follow up any outstanding items promptly.
- Maintain asset registers for all company vehicles and other fixed assets scheduling monthly depreciation and finance repayment liabilities.
- Compile annual budgets in consultation with managers.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met in the accounting areas.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues and other departments to promote effective cross-departmental relations.
- Develop company knowledge through attending various training opportunities.
- Graduate – Accountancy/ Finance/ Business Studies
- AAT Level 3 qualified, with a desire to complete level 4
- AAT fully qualified
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA
To apply, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Geraldine. Many thanks for your interest.