Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Our client has an exciting opportunity to work within their fast growing corporate services team in Plymouth. As the Audit Assistant you will be part of a friendly and professional team, ensuring the validity of clients financial records and making recommendations for improvements in their systems and commercial observations where appropriate. You will work on a variety of the firm’s largest and most prestigious clients within the region including commercial as well as charity/not-for-profit clients.
Good promotion opportunities for the right candidate as the business grows. Excellent benefits and competitive salary is on offer.
- Working as part of an audit team ensuring the validity of clients financial records and making recommendations for improvements in their systems and commercial observations where appropriate
- Planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office
- Taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines
- Liaising with client staff, which often includes non-accounts personnel
- Good promotion opportunities for the right candidate as the business grows
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- ACA/ ACCA part qualified relevant experience
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment and including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Committed, accurate, methodical and enquiring approach to work
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer based accounts and tax compilation programmes; plus MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Knowledge of UK Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing; knowledge of IFRS
If you have recent experience in the key responsibilities detailed above and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533