Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Our client has an exciting new opportunity within their fast growing corporate services team. As Audit Senior, you will lead assignments on a variety of the firm’s largest and most prestigious clients within the region including commercial as well as charity/not-for-profit clients.
There will be good promotion opportunities for the right candidate as the business grows. Excellent benefits and competitive salary is on offer.
- Planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office
- Taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to fully, all hours are correctly recorded and budgets are met
- Supervising, mentoring and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Liaising with client staff, which often includes non-accounts personnel
- Producing work for Manager and/ or Partner review, clearly highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where required
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent), although part-qualified with relevant experience will also be considered
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment and including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Committed, accurate, methodical and enquiring approach to work
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer based accounts and tax compilation programmes; plus advanced MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Good working knowledge of UK Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing; knowledge of IFRS
- Full, clean driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car (which must be insured to cover business use and the transport of passengers).
If you have recent experience in the key responsibilities detailed above and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.