£30,000 per annum Flexible + Benefits+ Travel
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are seeking an experienced Automation Engineer to provide technical assistance to the internal Engineering and Business Development teams as well as clients. Your core responsibilities will focus around engineering support for Research and Technology projects.
With an emphasis on internal and collaborative funded projects, you will; design mechanical and/or electrical equipment and tooling, develop new ideas, processes and test methods, as well as carrying out practical work to support project outcomes and the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
You will be joining a market-leading, innovative and dynamic team with unrivalled experience who seek to build strong and long-term relationships with both customers and suppliers alike. This business is incredibly supportive of personal progression and training, with an open mind they work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Automation Engineer Responsibilities
- Research and create engineering solutions for equipment design projects.
- Draft 2D manufacturing drawings, technical / design specifications and detailed 3D design and equipment GA.
- Make recommendations regarding design specifications to ensure equipment matches requirements.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with relevant engineering and manufacturing procedures.
- Produce all supporting documentation including build drawings and technical documentation manuals (including installation, operation, and maintenance manuals).
- Accurate completion of BOM’s, Timesheets and all associated documentation.
- Provide in-house hands-on support with the build, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- On-site building, commissioning, and testing of equipment.
- Provide training to clients engineers and operators.
- Provide clear professional competent support to clients via telephone and email correspondence.
- Collaborative support with other colleagues and departments to assist with Sales generation and marketing;
- Technical support to assist in quoting the right equipment for a customer’s needs
- Creation of CAD drawings to assist with feasibility /ROM cost quoting for clients.
- Provide on-going client support with technical equipment enquires and product development discussions.
- Maintain sector technical expertise and knowledge of innovative and emerging technology.
Automation Engineer Person Specification
Qualifications & Training
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office + general database usage.
- Programmable logic controller (plc) experience.
- Experience in 3D parametric modelling (Autodesk Inventor).
Knowledge & Expertise
- Theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge practically and theoretically.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for the proper performance of design engineering projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of using document management systems.
- Knowledge and practical hands-on experience of closed mould composite processing.
- Understanding of manufacturing, building, commissioning, and testing of new equipment.
- Exposure to a diverse range of complex design projects from concept to production.
- Awareness of relevant design tools, techniques and methods for the closed mold composite sector.
- Up to date knowledge of current CE legislation and standards
- Experienced in using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Fully conversant with relevant regulatory and safety standards.
- Organised and methodical approach to completing work tasks and managing ones own workload.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and processes.
- Ability to use ones owns initiative, self-motivated and a confident decision-maker.
- Demonstrable high level of attention to detail.
- Strong written skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly articulate and present technical information to clients and other stakeholders over the phone and in person.
- Strong but calm independent analytical and problem-solving abilities in challenging, stressful situations (including working across different time zones).
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple consecutive protects.
- A strong desire for life long learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability including maintaining sector technical knowledge and seeking out emerging engineering trends and innovations.
Full Driving License and in date Passport are a necessity, as you will be required to travel for project meetings both in the UK and overseas when the need arises. This is a rare opportunity for an individual with a unique skillset to grow their experience and progress into a more senior role within a well sought after and highly reputable business. If you think you have what it takes, please submit your up to date CV now and I will be in touch to discuss the details, as well as next steps!