100% Remote working, Negotiable Salary
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Seeking an experienced Back-End Software Developer to join our Research and Design team. We are looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. There are Remote and flexible working options, really you could live anywhere in the EU however you are more than welcome to work on site at our HQ in Devon.
We are passionate about delivering high quality and highly secure products. You will work on a product that users will engage with on a daily basis. You will work with a highly motivated and dynamic team and will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of the software development process.
As security experts, we enable our customers to manage and track their assets by providing location data live & up-to-date on Google Maps at scale and offer a platform for them to analyse their data in depth, we have some exciting projects coming up that we hope you can get stuck in to!
- Design and build secure backend services and business logic to develop functional web applications.
- Collaborate with the UX developers to integrate user facing elements with server-side logic.
- Working with the Solutions Architect design and build data structures for use within the Web applications and backend services.
- Collaborate with the wider team on integration with infrastructure and core services.
- Perform automated and user testing of the application at all stages of development.
- Ensure that products are compatible with and responsive to all major end-user browsers and devices, including mobile devices.
- Ensure a suitable level of code quality that allows for collaboration and re-use across the project.
- Optimise backend services for maximum speed, reliability and scalability across all network types and end-user devices.
- Debug, diagnose and resolve issues identified internally and by Customers.
- Follow emerging technologies.
- Liaise with team members to identify and implement new features and technologies that will provide significant product enhancements and cutting edge features.
Personal / skills Requirements
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to communicate complex concepts.
- Liaise with team members to identify and implement new features and technologies that will provide significant product enhancements and cutting-edge features.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and hardworking, possessing a willingness to learn.
- Possess excellent innovative problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of organisational and analytical skills with an ability to research/investigate issues, analyse and consider wider implications, and then to compile reports and/or present recommendations.
- Experience with interfacing to IP Networks.
- Executing full lifecycle software development.
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- 4+ years of experience in software design and development using Node.js.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networks, HTTP Protocol, Application Load Balancing, Reverse/Forward Proxy, SSL Encryption and Certificate management.
- Knowledge of Serverless Functions, Logging, Monitoring and Services Mesh.
- Having foundation in Networking, experience with network devices (routers, switches, firewalls) and protocols like IP, TCP and UDP.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Strong NoSQL database design and query writing skills with a commitment to performance and efficiency.
- Strong experience with Mongo DB.
- Working knowledge of RESTful API paradigms (Desirable).
- Experience building distributed domain-driven microservices.
- Experience with Jira and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of web security principles, Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Knowledge of working in an ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials compliant environment.
All candidates will undergo 10 year security screening including CRB and financial probity check. You will be entitled to 25-days holiday plus bank holidays, increases to 30 days plus bank holidays after 5-years, competitive Employee/Employer Pensions Contribution, Money-back Health scheme (physical and mental health support) as well as a well welcomed half day & casual dress on a Friday!
If you are an experienced Back-End Web Developer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.