£19,500 - £25,000/annum Flexible Salary + Benefits
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Businesses are getting more and more aware of the commercial benefits of having top of the range analytics; this is why we are seeking a Junior BI specialist who is able to present our Client’s data. We are searching for a Junior BI Specialist to join our growing BI team, working on our evolving Analytics platform. Joining this highly successful company, you will be involved in; ensuring that we visualise and display relevant datasets by writing queries, as well as developing and maintaining our databases and data warehouses.
You will work closely with our existing team of BI Specialist’s and become a subject-matter expert in all aspects of Business Intelligence, learning new skills and techniques to increase your knowledge. You will be given the opportunity to assist in the design of our growing Analytics platform and enhance your skills as a Junior BI Specialist by delivering truly outstanding products.
- Current toolset; PostgreSQL, Splunk Enterprise, Splunk API and Linux CLI
- Help establish and own a template-based approach to Analytics platform
- Liaise with our UI/UX function to deliver accurate data and modern functionalities in stunning designs
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing and Product Management to understand the market trends and latest customer requirements
- Remain up to date with the latest BI trends to bring relevant innovation to Analytics
Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with business intelligence skills using various techniques and technologies
- Familiarity of relational databases and how to write SQL queries
- Ability to learn how to write Splunk queries for Dashboard visualisations
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Good time-management skills and accurate time estimation when quoting tasks
- Familiarity of the Scrum Framework and awareness of Agile Methodologies for delivering projects and products.
- A professional BI Specialist who takes immense pride in their own output
- Appetite to learn new skills and techniques and be open minded and experimental
- Collaborative / team player / good communicator
- Creative / innovative / passionate
- 30 Days holiday per year including bank holidays
- Company healthcare scheme
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Gym membership
- Company pension scheme
As a Junior BI Specialist, you should have an appetite to learn new skills, techniques and toolsets in a fast-moving environment, employing modern tools and techniques to deliver accurate datasets and efficient queries to be displayed on our Analytics platform. If you feel you meet our criteria, and would enjoy this exciting opportunity, then submit your application now and I will be in touch to discuss next steps!
For an informal chat regarding this role, please call 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.