£35,000 - £40,000/annum Flexible Salary + Benefits
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are searching for an experienced BI Specialist to join our growing BI team, working on our evolving Analytics platform.
Joining this highly successful company, you will be involved in; ensuring that we visualise and display relevant datasets by writing queries, as well as developing and maintaining our databases and data warehouses. As a seasoned BI Specialist, you will have an excellent track record of working in fast-moving environments, employing modern tools and techniques to deliver accurate datasets and efficient queries.
You will work closely with our existing team of BI Specialist’s and be a subject-matter expert in all aspects of Business Intelligence, bringing your experience and best practice. You will be given the opportunity to assist in the design of our growing Analytics platform and showcase your skills as a BI Specialist by delivering truly outstanding products.
- Splunk Enterprise
- Splunk API
- Linux CLI
Duties & Responsibilities
- Subject-matter expert in Business Intelligence
- Help establish and own a template-based approach to our Analytics platform
- Liaise with our UI/UX function to deliver accurate data and modern functionalities in stunning designs
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing and Product Management to understand the market trends and latest customer requirements
- Remain up to date with the latest BI trends to bring relevant innovation to Analytics
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable business intelligence skills using various techniques and technologies
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional BI specialist role
- Knowledge of relational databases and how to write SQL queries
- Knowledge of data modelling concepts
- Experience with ETL tools that consume various data sets
- Knowledge of Splunk as a BI tool would be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to learn how to write Splunk queries for Dashboard visualisations
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Good time-management skills and accurate time estimation when quoting tasks
- Experience of the Scrum Framework and worked in an Agile Team delivering projects and products
- A professional BI Specialist who takes immense pride in their own output
- Appetite to learn new skills and techniques and be open minded and experimental
- Collaborative / team player / good communicator
- Creative / innovative / passionate
- 30 Days holiday per year including bank holidays.
- Company healthcare scheme
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Gym membership
- Company pension scheme
If you feel you meet our criteria, and would enjoy this exciting opportunity, then submit your application now and I will be in touch to discuss next steps!
For an informal chat regarding the role, please call 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.