£9.55 p/h based on 36.25 hrs
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
The purpose of the Business Services / Event Assistant role is to support the Office Manager in providing an efficient, flexible and effective front & back office support service to internal and external clients. This is a 1 month temporary position to cover sickness and additional workload. Hours are 36.25 per week with flexibility required between 7:00 and 18:00. Start date ASAP.
- Basic document production – binding, laminating, paginating.
- Handling cheques and monies on behalf of lawyers.
- Stock control for stationery, toners and IT consumables.
- Processing of stationery/stock orders.
- Assisting with office/ desk moves for staff.
- Assisting the IT unit with minor hardware fixes.
- Maintaining both internal and external office appearance through basic office maintenance.
- Liaising with engineers and contractors.
- Ensuring workplace meets with H&S compliance procedures.
- Supporting the core business in delivering premier legal services.
- Arrangement of conference facilities including audio visual equipment.
- Provide Reception & Events cover
- Serve refreshments & food to internal & external clients
- Collecting and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Collecting and processing photocopying and scanning.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Must present an appropriate and professional public image.
- Outwards presentation of a positive ‘can do’ attitude, exhibiting passion and pride in their work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a range of people internal and external to the business.
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner with all levels of staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be approachable, friendly and diplomatic.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to interpret these for clients.
- Must have the ability to deal with issues and resolutions whilst liaising with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organisation skills, the ability to prioritise and problem solve.
- Must have the ability to deal with a variety of tasks; multitasking and working flexibly within a team.
- Ability and experience of working as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to use initiative/minimum supervision.
- The ability consistently produce work of high quality.
- Good administrator, able to follow procedures and complete daily checklists.
- The ability to develop a good knowledge of the names, location and responsibilities of all other members of staff.
- Ability to collate figures for daily reports and KPI documents.
- The ability to use effectively modern IT and office equipment.
- Practical experience of regularly using Microsoft office applications.
- Must have knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and practices.
- The ability to understand and work in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Due to the nature of this role you are required to be physically able and willing to move heavy tables/chairs and other office equipment on a daily basis.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.