Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for achieving material productivity targets, supporting the R&D team in sourcing direct material for NPI (New Product Introduction) and managing the Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical categories. This is a full time role with the opportunity to work from home one day a week.
- Identify opportunities for material cost savings.
- Collect and coordinate ideas for material cost savings from other departments and functions.
- Coordinate activities, projects and actions of others across all operational and functional departments to deliver material cost savings.
- Manage action plans for material / component transfers across sites / suppliers.
- Coordinate and support in a range of operations projects requiring R&D input to include attendance at prioritization meetings.
- Conduct regular, scheduled supplier reviews as determined by A, B, C categorization of supplier.
- Provide assistance in identification of suppliers and material to support the NPI product road map.
- Negotiate where applicable the costs of direct material for NPI and ensure parts are set up on the ERP system prior to transfer of management to the procurement team.
- Assist in the estimation of costing of NPI by providing best prices for direct material.
- Assist in project management of NPI where applicable.
- Manage the negotiation of prices for specific supply portfolios, including Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical such as Metal (Brass, Copper), Plastics (including Resins), Motors, Packaging etc., incorporating cost down.
- Support the purchase of all Mechanical & Electro-Mechanical components for the site by assisting the planners as and when required and providing support in the event of component shortages.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- You are a self-starter, capable of managing your own time and priorities but also able to work well in a tight knit team
- Coming from the manufacturing industry you will have at least 5 years of buying experience
- Your experience of the mechanical & electro-mechanical procurement of components and assemblies (essential)
- You must have outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- You are a skilled user of the Microsoft suite of tools, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with raising capital requests is a bonus
- Attention to detail is a requirement
If you have recent buying experience within a manufacturing environment and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.