Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
TQR has been engaged by its client, a leading local manufacturer with a global reputation, to recruit a CAD Designer who will specialise in a specific area of solid and sheet product design. This is a fantastic opportunity to suit an ambitious designer with an interest in working with one of the must successful and luxury brands in the world!
With flexible working and work from home opportunities, this company has embraced a truly blended approach to the working week.
What you’ll be doing:
The core role is built around the development of detailed surfacing models for the design of interior and exterior mouldings.
Other elements of the role are:
- Delivery of 3D information to drive the in house 5 axis milling machines.
- Delivery of part information in accordance with the development schedule.
- Working collaboratively with engineering, CAD and naval architecture departments.
- 3D surface modelling for visualisation purposes.
- Involvement in the NPI and NPD process.
- Understanding of budgets and manufacturing feasibility.
The successful candidate will report to the Principal Designer and work within a team of designers striving to deliver the most luxurious, elegant and forward thinking products in the market place.
- The candidate should have a degree preferably in product design, 3D visualization, or similar. The role can be adapted to suite the candidate’s skills and experience which should range from 1-6 years in a competitive design environment.
- The candidate will have a specific interest in the development and clarity of surfaces having the ability to create both solid and sheet models using Siemens NX or similar CAD packages. A knowledge of design for manufacture of glass fibre /carbon fibre parts would be beneficial, but not essential.
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Extensive benefits package
If you are an experienced CAD Designer looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For informal chat, please phone 07498 340480 and ask for Martin Sandford. Many thanks for your interest.