£18,900 - £19,600 Pro Rata
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are seeking an experienced and professional Caretaker for the one of the South West’s most reputable multi-academy trusts. It will be your job to maintain the premises of a secondary school based in Plymouth, and to work closely with your colleagues. We are looking for a hands on Caretaker who is great with people. The Caretaker is a very important role, and will play an integral part of the day-to-day running of the organisation.
This is a Fixed-Term position, on a 3-6 month basis, to work with a well established employer. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, as you will be working closely with other people in various capacities across the sites. You will play an integral role, along with the Premises Manager, in promoting a positive Health and Safety culture at the school.
- Security of premises and their contents; the post holder must be available for emergency call out.
- Opening / closing, setting up for and after lettings, including any second clean. Ensuring that hirers comply with the Conditions of Hire.
- Ensuring compliance with the Environmental Protection Act by continuous clearance of litter, both inside and outside the buildings.
- General porterage.
- Emergency cleaning including the unblocking of drains, toilets, etc.
- Continuous inspection of the schoolfor damage and vandalism, making good immediately any defects and reporting to the Premises Manager/Head Teacher.
- General handyman duties, to include decorating.
- Working knowledge of COSHH
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Musthave experience working as a Caretaker
- Musthave experience in trade works
- Musthave an awareness of Health and Safety at work
- Experience of achieving targets and goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of people from a variety of diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally
- A team based approach to work
- Willingness to undertake training and staff development
- To be willing to uphold and maintain the core values of the organisation
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Rhys Hackney on 01752 252533