No. of Openings :
Job Type :
International market leader in its field looking to recruit two experienced Category Buyers, one for Direct and one for Indirect spend to support their continued growth, the successful applicants will ensure security of supply of externally purchased materials and services in line with business needs in the most cost effective & time critical way whilst ensuring safety and quality.
- Review & understand commodity and market pricing via analysis of raw material fluctuations, currency movement and market trends/demands to support cost reduction via negotiation, internal waste reduction projects & design/development improvements.
- Conduct strategic sourcing activities for your defined commodity groups using company category management toolkit, to derive term contracts, manage supply base and instigate supplier continuous improvement programmes.
- Direct spend Buyers
- Liaise with other members of the Operations group (e.g. Planning, Logistics, Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality) to ensure production supply is optimised for inventory and efficient/timely production schedule adherence – including e.g. development of vendor managed inventory, quality audits, and supplier performance reviews.
- Liaise with the Category Buyer – Development and the wider Development and Design team to ensure that New Product Introduction processes are supported and that return on investment (ROI) targets are met
- Indirect spend Buyers
- Conduct sourcing activity for business wide services and non production materials (incl. capex) spend
- Support the Category Manager (Indirects) and Head of Procurement Operations & Compliance to deploy and maintain appropriate business contract ownership protocols
- Undertake make vs buy analysis and implement appropriate solutions as appropriate.
- Undertake assessment of multiple market solution where available including (but not limited to) low-cost country sourcing opportunities where appropriate
- Adhere to administration systems ensuring agreed processes of the purchase cycle such as order format, delivery schedules etc. are complied with.
- Track and report supplier performance, purchase price variance and other relevant KPIs including project updates and benefits delivered.
- Act as an Ambassador for the business, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values, to promote the company as a market leader.
- Support the wider Procurement team through training and development initiatives
- Responsible for the total cost and supplier management of commodity groups for supplier spend in the range £10-30m (depending on experience and commodity group ownership)
- Direct reports – 0 (works with wider Procurement team in a matrix structure)
- Conduct routine strategic sourcing activities and lead on-going Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) initiatives with all suppliers in the nominated category group in order to manage the total cost of acquisition and support the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all procedures and practices.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Operations and wider business stakeholders to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of supply of goods and services.
KPIs (key focus items)
- Cost reduction / Cost Increase management and reporting on a PO to PO basis
- Cost Reduction Savings (TCO approach) – Process & Waste, Development & Engineering, Cost of Quality
- Supplier Performance (OTIF) and other relevant contractual measures depending on the commodity group(s)
- Inventory Reduction – Number of Suppliers on inventory reduction programmes and value of product & Contract Status: (suppliers under contract) and agreed price structures
- Payment terms and credit limits tracking
- Experience in the complete ‘Purchase Cycle’ and MRP systems
- CIPS or equivalent qualifications preferred but not essential
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications
- The ability to collaborate and communicate at all levels by showing good presentation skills with a willingness to embrace change
- Data driven with good negotiation skills supported by a desire to achieve best market pricing
- An understanding of budgets and financial matters in a manufacturing environment
If you have the required experiences listed above and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David. Many thanks for your interest.