£13.81 per hour
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
TQR Exeter is seeking an experienced Chef Manager in Plymouth, this is a very exciting job opportunity working in the educational sector. This is what we call a chefs dream of WORK LIFE BALANCE…. Why this role?
- Term time only but paid all year round (working 32 weeks of the year)
- £13.81ph working an annualised contract of 1665hrs per year
- 5 days over 7- 12pm – 8pm
- Excellent company benefits- Childcare schemes / Company sick pay/Pension scheme/ Subsidised park and ride tickets/ Subsidised Gym membership/ Life cover/ Eye tests/ Chill out days off & annual parties / Paid breaks/ Enhanced holiday allowance plus bank holidays/ every year of service extra days holiday
- Career progression within the educational sector should you want it
- Working with fresh food as well as brought in product
- Rewrite seasonal menus
- Brand new kitchen and catering outlet
- Full team in place
- Full management of the catering outlet- Staffing / Financial budget/ Cost control/ Menu planning
- Comply with food safety regulations, COSHH and SFBB
- Ensure that all Food Hygiene Policies and Procedures are applied continuously and that there are no breaches of Statutory or Local Authority regulations.
- To create, implement and review food hygiene policies and code of practice as required.
- Maintain 5 star food hygiene rating
- Ensure compliance of all safety regulation including Health & Safety and fire safety for the kitchen
- Acting Fire Marshall
- Previous Sous or Head level for a minimum of 2 years
- Ability to manage a kitchen including all office management
- Ideally worked in the public sector
- Commutable travelling distance to Plymouth city centre (there is no parking for this role)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that wants a work life balance, working in the educational sector it does offer this!!
If you have the relevant experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by clicking the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Michelle on 01392 691690.