Up to £125,000 dependent on experience
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
As the Chief Financial Officer of a rapidly growing engineering company based in Plymouth, you will work directly with the CEO, CTO and COO as a major player on the Board, where you will be responsible for setting and driving strategy as well as for all management and statutory reporting for our private equity backed organisation. With experience in the industrial mineral processing or manufacturing space, you will be able to deliver robust and timely financial information to the business and external stakeholders.
The CFO’s responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to, building a high-performance finance and accounting team, ensuring revenues and expenses stay in balance, overseeing FP&A (financial planning & analysis) functions through our feasibility process. In addition, you will help in making recommendations on mergers and acquisitions, obtaining funding, working with department heads to analyse financial data and craft budgets, attesting to the accuracy of reports and consulting with boards of directors and the CEO on strategy. You will also help set technology direction, especially fintech and ERP systems. You will make recommendations on everything from supply chain, procurement and marketing based on your fiscal insights and industry knowledge.
The company is looking for strong CFO with private equity and debt structuring experience. Experience in transactions for exit and taking companies to IPO is desirable, however not essential. Given the above, you will have previously been Chief Financial Officer of a standalone industrial mineral processing or manufacturing business.
Job responsibilities and requirements:
- Provide leadership and management to the financial department.
- Provide financial strategy recommendations to CEO and board of directors.
- Identify and address potential financial risks for the company.
- Oversee all financial decisions, such as budgeting and auditing.
- Implement strategies and systems to improve financial performance.
- Support financial department in developing short and long term financial goals.
- Review financial reports and determine methods to reduce costs.
- Take control of financial records and documentation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for financial department and auditors.
- Overseeing the reconciliation of income and expense reports.
- Preparing and analysing financial statements and profit and loss reports.
- Designing financial models that will benefit different operating initiatives.
- It is essential that you can demonstrate being experienced in raising funds from a variety of types of UK lenders. In particular, the preparation of high-quality forecasts to support funding applications.
- You will have M&A experience.
- You will be required to travel overseas, from time to time.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.