£11 to £15 PH + Shift Premium
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
A highly successful Aerospace Precision Engineering Company is looking to recruit experienced, permanent CNC Setters to accurately set and run 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC milling machines in order to manufacture complex, high variety, low volume components.
On offer is the chance to use your Engineering knowledge and skills to progress your career and salary. Shifts available are Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30 Or Monday to Thursday 06:00-18:00 Or Monday to Thursday 18:00-06:00 (nights 20% shift premium).
- Read, understand and examine engineering drawings and specifications to determine appropriate method, sequence of operations and machine setting
- Select and fix work-holding devices and appropriate cutting, shaping, and/or forming tools
- Produce robust set ups which are poka-yoke and work with operators to ensure they understand loading instruction
- Operate automatic or manual controls to clock vices/ fixture and set datums
- Repositions workpiece, change tools and reset machine as necessary during production run
- Instruct operator on the safe and correct method of operation of the machine
- Self-inspect to customer required tolerances
- Accurately select tooling, use measuring equipment
- Set and safely operate machinery: 3,4 and 5 Axis machines
- Work in accordance to the standards required by the company and their customers
- Problem solve and work often on own initiative
- Continue to help/improve work environment and carry out housekeeping duties in line with 5S
- At least 2 years experience working in an engineering manufacturing environment
- CNC experience / preferred: Fanuc/Hideinhain/Siemens
- Working autonomously
- Setting up best practice
- Engineering apprentice trained
- Good level of English: Level B1 CEFR minimum
- Can – do attitude
- A willingness to learn and develop further
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels
If you are an experienced CNC Setter and you are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below so we can reach out to discuss the next steps.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.