Up to £50,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
An exciting opportunity to add real value with a global leader in its field…
…working from an award-winning factory in Plymouth! At TQR Plymouth we’re delighted to be working with this innovative manufacturer whose products are used in domestic and commercial settings the world over.
The primary role of the Continuous Improvement Engineer will be to support the ongoing project to digitise manufacturing systems, enabling real time information reporting to better monitor line efficiencies. You will then harness this data to implement initiatives that will reduce costs and improve processes.
The company has an excellent local reputation as an employer of choice; with a positive and engaged workforce and a modernised working environment. If you want to work somewhere where your contribution is recognised, where collaborative working and team spirit are essential, then this is the place for you!
Where you’ll add value…
- Working with teams across production, quality, logistics and other business areas to drive the continuous improvement programme
- Continue with the implementation and development of the digital manufacturing systems including DISS (Digital Ideas & SIM System), LDS (Lean Digitisation System) and Energy Management System.
- Facilitate the daily digital SIM (Short Interval Management) process
- Support the Production team in identifying opportunities for improvements and facilitate through kaizens and other CI methodologies
- Promote and communicate 5S throughout the company, co-ordinate audits, action plans and training
The experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a process/continuous improvement based role within a multi-functional manufacturing facility
- Ability to interpret data and analyse data in order to inform decision making; delivering process improvement projects that are data driven
- Proven ability in leading and facilitating kaizen events
- Good understanding of lean principles and application of six sigma analysis tools; ideally green belt six sigma qualified
- Good understanding of the principles and application of 5S
- Mechanical or Process Engineering degree level qualification (Desirable)
- CI training including qualification to six sigma green belt (Essential)
What’s on offer for the successful candidate…
- As well as the competitive salary of up to £50,000, the successful Continuous Improvement Engineer will receive 36 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, option to purchase an additional holiday, employee health and wellbeing options, excellent pension plan, and bonus scheme.
- As the role progresses beyond the initial project phase, there is likely to be change within the team meaning you will have direct reports.
Please get in touch with Martin at TQR to find out more about this continuous improvement engineer role. I am keen to speak with candidates whose background is in process improvement, lean engineering, continuous improvement/CI, process or project engineering. This is genuinely an opportunity not to be missed!
TQR Plymouth is the number one rated recruitment agency in Plymouth. We are a proud recruitment partner to many of the leading employers in Plymouth and the wider Devon region.