No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Working with a manufacturing technologies led business and part of a multinational organisation providing services to customers across the UK.
Purpose of the job
- To provide an efficient, effective service to the business.
- To ensure adherence to quality and health and safety procedures as laid down by legislation and Company requirements.
- Continually monitor Repairs to ensure they do not exceed the repair timescales.
- Develop formal communications skills and procedures with other departments.
- Good communication skills with the customer Internal/External.
- Inform customers of the progress of their Sales/Repair Orders.
- Create spreadsheets and graphs as required.
- Deal with queries and general office duties.
- Ensure company procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To abide by relevant health and safety laws ensuring safe practices are adhered to at all times
- To ensure regular housekeeping is undertaken to ensure area is safe and tidy.
- Continually looking at ways of improving internal systems for repair issues, to minimise turnaround times.
The above/below is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be necessary as and when required to carry out the position.
Key responsibilities and challenges
- To enter sales orders received from customers / projects into SAP system and relevant excel spreadsheets.
- Ensure repair orders are received from customer before work begins in the repair shop.
- To establish a sound working relationship with the customer and with staff associated with sales and repair of materials.
- Maintain regular contact with the customer base ensuring OTIF targets are met.
- To record accurate records of orders and customer contact in SAP
- To ensure delivery dates are meet and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- To liaise with production control ensuring production dates are met
- Ensure all external repairs are passed through the Quality Control and Supply Management departments.
- Progress external repairs with Supply Management on regular basis.
- Progress delivery of production and repair orders with Production Control.
- To prepare reports using available systems/tools to provide the business with required management information
- Have a sound knowledge of despatch procedures.
- Liaise with SAP VCM team to ensure system is up to date with current users, and versions of software modules.
18 month contract with potential view to be made permanent.
If you have Customer Service based experience and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.