Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We’re looking for a highly motivated candidate, with proven Customs knowledge to join and enhance the team’s tariff / compliance knowledge whilst development new best practice for the future. We need a candidate with excellent attention to detail, who can demonstrate strong organisational, communication and IT skills (Excel specifically). As a Customs Specialist, you will be working closely with the Import & Shipping Manager to review and implement classification, clearance and compliance checks to future proof the growing business. You will also engage with other key departments to assist in new operational requirements (ROI shipments). With at least 2 years proven experience, the successful candidate must have in-depth working knowledge of customs matters, including valuation of goods, tariff classification and origin preferences.
The department is extremely busy, so the ability to multitask, but with maintained accuracy and high productivity is essential. The role will suit someone who enjoys a challenge, likes problem solving and who works best when under pressure. This role requires someone with the knowledge, confidence, and commitment to understand the business needs and drive its future progression. Responsibilities will include
- Tariff Classification & Reviews
- ROI documentation checks (Ireland / Brexit)
- Keeping up to date with latest HMRC and EU notices & regulations
- Monitoring clearance compliance and performance in accordance with the CFSP / Customs Warehouse compliance requirements
- Supporting customs entry preparation & instructions (additional checks and audits to meet the CFSP / Customs Warehouse compliance requirements – including Origin Preferences and document declarations)
- Checking & Monitoring of Customs Entries – C88/E2/Deferment & MSS reports, for compliance checks (ensuring adjustments actioned accordingly)
- Developing & maintaining own Customs knowledge, whilst contributing to the Customs & Product knowledge within the Imports Team and wider business
- Working with the Import Manager to develop current Customs best business practices to support future growth
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
Your application must show direct experience within the Import/Export sector. With specific knowledge in the following areas:
- Tariff Classifications (experienced with the online Tariff – UK & EU)
- Customs Clearance Procedures including entry instructions
- C88 & E2 documentation detail
- Deferment & MSS reports
- Customs Warehousing procedures (including CFSP)
- Importing and exporting documentation requirements (Rules of Origin, Tariff Preferences & Anti-Dumping declarations etc.)
- Customs compliance & certification requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within the specified areas of responsibility listed above
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency of work
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range stake holders
- The ability to work calmly when under pressure
- Leadership and team development skills
- Commitment and confidence with strong administrative, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Proficient written, numerical, analytical and IT skills, particularly Excel and a sound understanding of online Tariff & Customs packages
This is a full-time position with normal working hours of 08:45-17:30 (limited flexi-time available). Remote working will be considered for the right candidate.
If you have the relevant experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.