Up to £45K
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Direct Technical Buyer required to join large, well established precision engineering company based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will procure, schedule and control the supply of inventory for categories of direct products to support the on-time shipment of assembled bearings to customers. This includes the provisioning and coordination of subcontracted components and to provide delivery promise and status information. You will be expected to monitor Supplier performance and capacity against required output levels and to work with the Supply Chain Team, providing information and reporting. Participating in necessary actions to enable the overall Business Plan to be achieved.
- Support the procurement and deal with all internal and external queries.
- Ensure continuity of supply within the requisite inventory targets
- Try and identify alternatives materials to avoid unnecessary purchases.
- Schedule and follow-up purchase orders.
- Initiate the expedition of overdue purchase orders.
- Action MRP exception reports within agreed timeframe.
- Provide timely clearance of imported items using the appropriate import clearance procedures.
- Be seen as the subject matter expert and use this knowledge to support sourcing strategies, supplier relationships and program management.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Support business strategy development and execution activities.
- Ensure compliance to sourcing and contracting policies, procedures, risk management programs, and QHSE and ethics policies.
- Ensure that all the department’s documents are filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor and Drive supplier performance.
- Material cost management: Negotiate prices with suppliers.
- Maintain Inventory at the correct levels.
- Monitor Supplier Spending.
Essential Experience, Skills and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Recent, Proven Procurement experience gained from within Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- CIPS Qualification (or working towards CIPS / equivalent qualification).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong effective relationships both internally and outside of the organisation.
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised.
- The ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings.
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Friday 08:15am to 16:15pm, with a degree of flexibility on start and finish times providing that core hours are worked.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes listed above for this position, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.