No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Technically-minded candidate with M&E, Facilities background sought for leading Plymouth manufacturing business…
At TQR Plymouth we’re on a search for candidates interested in taking on an important role within the facilities management team of a major local employer. This is a statutory compliance focused role, overseeing the timely and efficient completion of planned and reactive remedial work across a significant asset register.
If you have a technical background within facilities/M&E and strong communication and administration skills, then this could be a great opportunity for you.
What you’ll be responsible for…
Working in as fast paced, complex manufacturing environment, you’ll be part of a team whose responsibility it is to ensure that business critical assets are well maintained, with planned and reactive maintenance work expedited to ensure minimal downtime and disruption to production.
Examples of assets include lifting equipment, exhaust ventilation systems, CNC machines and more…some 20,000+ different items! Technical knowledge around the importance of meeting statutory compliance standards for this type of equipment is desirable.
Day to day this will entail reviewing, tracking and escalating PPM tasks through the use of CAFM software; obtaining quotes for work; raising purchase order requests; producing reports; and holding contractors to account for meeting SLAs.
As this is a multi-faceted role you’ll interface with all areas of the business including production, supply chain, project, development and procurement, as well as external contractors.
Successful performance in this role will support the business on its journey to become a world class manufacturer, adherent to ISO 14001 standards.
What you’ll bring…
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced industrial, logistics, production or manufacturing environment
- Strong experience in using CAFM systems in a building services environment
- Familiar with issuing planned and reactive maintenance tasks
- Commercial focus – with an understanding of budgets
- Ability to prioirtise works in order to maintain statutory compliance
- Computer literate (excel, word & power point)
- Ability to communicate well and be data driven
- Ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organisation
- A customer focused approach, exhibiting a reliable and responsible attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to sometimes manage conflicting priorities when resources are stretched
What’s in it for you…
With this being a newly created role there is a genuine opportunity to make your mark, with career prospects within an expanding facilities management team.
The company offers a wide range of employee benefits.
How to apply…
If you are interested in this facilities technical compliance job please apply now. If you’d like to know more please call the office and ask to speak to Martin.