Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Reporting directly to the Forecasting Manager, the main purpose of the role will be to provide strategic financial analysis of the Bill of Materials (BOM) and options costs on each line, controlling the BOM on new lines and monitoring the evolution of the BOM and other costs against ROI projections.
- Work closely with the product development and purchasing teams to develop and maintain BOM introduction on all new lines
- Support ROI Gateways and ensure that the Finance dept. complies with the Development Gateway Process, and in line with Development timetables. Maintain all supporting documentation for the Gateway process
- Review and update ROI projections. ‘Go to’ status on new product introduction.
- Working with product development and purchasing to identify areas for potential savings
- Undertake Product Options P&L review / analysis by boat line and by options category in partnership with Sales and Product Planning to ensure margin levels are visible and authorised.
- Identify areas for margin improvement
- Ensuring that BOM in production accurately reflects what has gone into the ROI
- Monthly review / analysis of BOM changes and any impact on development and on forecast costs
- Comparison of costs by line to identify any unusual variances in cost / specification
- To contribute to the on-going development of financial plans which deliver savings and improved value for money
- To prepare statistical information and reports as required in order to identify trends and areas of improvement, along with solutions
- To carry out project work as required
- To ensure that all processes are in line with Company standards, acting as an Ambassador for the company, operating with a high level of integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values
- To demonstrate commercial awareness regarding the company’s products, customers, markets and production processes
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and tasks as commensurate with the position
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or experienced analyst)
- High standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the manufacturing sector is highly desirable
- Have a strong operational background
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to influence others, in and outside of the Finance function
- Team player who can both lead and support cross-functional groups as circumstances require
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Confident, enthusiastic and resilient
- Efficient approach to tasks and delivering on time
If you have recent relevant experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.