£30,000 - £35,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
This role will be to manage day-to-day accounting, financial bookkeeping, payment processing, the finance on client and supplier accounts with the support of the CEO and General Manager of the business. This role demands strong mathematical skills, attention to detail and proficiency in accounting software, as well as a solid understanding of financial principles. Additionally, as the company expands, this role might have additional responsibilities. The company offers a hybrid working environment between home and our offices in Plymouth.
- Providing correct and current accounting support for the company
- Preparing requested financial reports
- General financial admin and filing
- Responding and resolving accounting queries for clients
- Producing and processing reconciliation reports for clients, in a timely manner based on what is agreed upon contract signature.
- Oversee payment processing platforms, pulling reports from both and producing the necessary reports based on client contracts.
- Using accounting software (we use Xero) and spreadsheets to manage financial data efficiently.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
- Working with the account managers on the financials behind each client account (Identifying where revenue is being made and where it isn’t)
- Payroll processing
- Ensuring adherence to relevant financial regulations and standards
- Assist and contribute to the financial admin when the company are successful in securing government grants.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in accountancy.
- Mathematics GSCE/A-Level or equivalent
- Certified bookkeeper and or management accountant will be a bonus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- The ability to use standard tech platforms – Excel, Office, Etc.
- Data processing – Xero
- Account reconciliation
- Ability to work under pressure.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button. For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine or Laura on 01752 252533