£22,000 - £23,500
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the accurate processing and reporting of financial transactions across the whole Society, covered by the Society Accounting Centre, in line with finance policies and procedures. Working in the Plymouth office you will be part of a busy team who ensure all donations are accurately banked and authorised payments are made on time.
- Process all types of income and expenditure transactions using the Society’s finance system and ensure they comply with internal procedures and guidance.
- Process all bank transactions directly into the Society’s finance system and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Handle suppliers’ queries to ensure payments are made in line with Society Policies and suppliers’ payment terms, liaising with the appropriate budget holder as necessary.
- Raise sales invoices and requests for donations as required, chasing bad debt as needed.
- Process all credit card payments and reconcile to daily banking.
- Assist in the month end and year end closing processes, ensuring all financial transactions are appropriately recorded.
- Assist in preparation for financial audits and liaising with auditors to provide required documentation.
- Provide a high quality of customer service to internal and external customers.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Currently studying or intending to study AAT
- Knowledge of financial accounting standards, year-end audit requirements and financial policies, process and control
- Experience in the charity sector would be an advantage
- Experience in finance or other processing roles
- Experience using Unit 4/Agresso finance system or other ERP systems
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533