Competitive salary and company benefits
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Financial Controller required for large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the company complies with local and international accounting standards and procedures and act as Company Secretary. In addition, the job holder will hold ultimate responsibility for financial forecasting, planning, management of foreign exchange and should therefore also ensure compliance with local and international legislation relating to these areas of the business.
The role has 5 direct reports and also leads the IT department. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world class manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- Responsible for all financial matters within the company.
- Responsible for all financial performance and KPI reporting internally and to company head office.
- Act as Company Secretary for the company board.
- Lead business forecasting and budgeting process, including treasury management, capital planning and exchange rate management.
- Key in the development of the company’s strategy and execution. Deployment leader for the profitability strategy.
- Liaise with the Company bankers, insurers, HMRC and auditors.
- Responsibility for overseeing company’s customs arrangements, including incoterms.
- Act as the company appointed trustee for the company’s DB pension scheme.
- Lead on risk management and governance.
- Manage and direct the IT and Systems Development team.
- Responsible for ensuring data security, including GDPR.
- Ad hoc projects and duties as designated by the General Manager or Managing Director.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar).
- Extensive expertise in financial management with a minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior role.
- Experience in an Engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in producing statutory accounts, strategic plans & forecasts, administering DC & DB pension schemes and Managing Forex strategies.
- Recent experience with payroll and pension schemes.
- Experience of managing customs arrangements – Incoterms and overseeing/advising implications.
- Experience of leading & deploying profit enhancing strategies (ROS/ROIC improvements).
- Commercially aware with a consultative leadership style. Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and have the proven ability to work with all levels within the organisation.
- Previous experience in the involvement of implementing new systems.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems, ideally SAP.
- Experience with buying, selling and exchanging currencies.
- Previous experience as a Company Secretary and/or pension trustee
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.