Up to £25K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Graduate Manufacturing Engineers required for large, precision engineering company based in Plymouth. We are looking for graduates with degrees either in Engineering (mechanical bias) or mathematical / statistical disciplines to take the first steps in their engineering career. Reporting to the Head of Production, you will work on all aspects of lean improvement projects with the existing engineering team of one of the most respected companies in Plymouth.
- Support manufacturing functions in optimising product flow & work standardisation.
- Provide empirical analysis and KPI’s to aid and support decision making rationale.
- Ensure improvement initiatives are monitored and progressing to plan.
- Project administration across a wide variety and size of initiatives including management of new process implementation.
- Liaise across departmental functions to ensure common understanding of project objectives and timescales.
- Work with manufacturing teams to generate, develop and implement process and systems improvements.
- Identifying and assist in highlighting training needs as systems and processes change dictate.
- Meeting with managers to discuss methods of improving the productivity of existing systems and step change initiatives.
- Establishing and implementing a quality culture within the manufacturing environment.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge & Candidate Attributes Required:
- Candidates with a First Class, or Upper Second Class, degree in either Engineering, Mathematics, and / or a statistical based discipline will be considered.
- Technical acumen with high degree of logical intelligence.
- Fast learner with high degree of self motivation and initiative to learn and advance vocational knowledge.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to tight project deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical ability with practical and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Natural team working, resourcefulness and self-motivation with the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges coupled with the determination to overcome problems.
- Organisation and time management skills.
If you are a recent Graduate with a degree in a relevant discipline as listed above and are looking for the first step in your chosen career path, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton or David Freeman. Many thanks for your interest.