Up to £31,000 depending on experience
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Would you like to work for a leading Precision engineering supplier to the Aerospace & Automotive and for a company that values its employees, then look no further.
Reporting into the Quality team, the Graduate Quality Engineering role is an exciting opportunity for an Engineer at the start of their career to gain experience with multiple Quality, Engineering and Production processes in an AS9100 environment whilst actively contributing to the company’s goals.
The role will involve:
- Working on multiple quality projects within the company targeting the reduction of quality concerns and scrap parts generated.
- Active problem solving and implementation of solutions in response to non-conformances identified.
- Supporting in internal audits, and potentially those at supplier level
- The measurement of Parts and Analysis/Interrogation of results
- To develop and put best practice into place throughout the company.
This role will offer great opportunity for development and training will be provided where required.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Work on Quality Projects within the business with exposure to multiple processes and technical areas of the organisation.
- Engaging with suppliers, working to resolves issues whilst gaining experience of their processes and manufacturing methods.
- To engage with the shop floor production and actively identify, establish and drive continuous improvement throughout the organisation, responding to the quality and failures identified.
- Working with all documentation used within the manufacturing process including drawings, technical procedures.
- Participating in audits to ISO9001 and AS9100 standards.
- To work as an integral part of the Quality Engineering team to ensure that all audits are completed in line with their planned schedule.
- To work with the Quality Team promoting the Quality Strategy and practical implementation throughout the organisation.
- To work with the Quality team to identify areas and issues of non-compliance to standards and procedures across the business.
- Travel to suppliers both in the UK and internationally where required.
Knowledge / Skills required.
- First Class degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Knowledge of how to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Driven and motivated approach to work.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure & remain focused.
- Able to develop strong effective relationships both internally with our people and externally with suppliers.
Package and Benefits:
- Supportive and Engaging leadership team
- Up to £31,000 starting salary.
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank holidays
- Flexi Time policy
If you feel you can demonstrate the required skills and experience for the above vacancy and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below or call for further information.