Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
You will work as part of the Innovation and Development Team alongside Product Engineers and Technical Specialists, to develop a range of novel materials to meet customer specifications. The role will also maintain existing material formulations and support manufacturing through material improvement. This role is key to the future growth of our product range within our Plymouth site.
Some of the benefits you can expect in return for joining our team include; a competitive annual salary, subsidised on site canteen, free on-site parking, life assurance (up to 4x your annual salary), attendance related bonus, enhanced Pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, annual flu Vouchers & on site occupational health clinics. Hours will be Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM & Friday 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
- Manage the development and introduction of new materials into production ensuring production leadership are involved, operating procedures are in place and any training documentation is developed.
- Design and formulate materials to maximise properties and comply with health & safety legislation.
- To provide technical support as required by production, sales, marketing and wider company.
- Test materials and product to customer specifications and prepare reports to feedback results and conclusions.
- Materials selection including contact with raw materials suppliers to evaluate available options, travelling as required supporting development projects.
- To play an active role in process improvement and the implementation of change.
Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in a materials science, chemistry or plastics discipline or equivalent
- Hands on approach
- Competent in Microsoft offices packages, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Skills in business improvement techniques
- Knowledge of materials and experience of material development
- Ability and drive to take a concept through to completion
- Confidence to take the lead in driving and progressing projects
- Arranging meetings and setting project targets
- In working with others, demonstrates and encourages a positive approach towards business objectives
- Able to self-manage priorities to ensure tasks are completed and problems are highlighted in a timely fashion
- Ability to structure a task for others, coach staff in carrying out the task and achieve timely completion of group tasks
Knowledge of rubber and plastics would be beneficial along with experience of working in a manufacturing environment. Please submit an up to date CV and we will be in touch with the next steps ASAP!
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.