Up to £65k depending on experience
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the effective flow of work through all production areas, within a world-class manufacturing environment.
This role is a hands on management role and it will be essential therefore to have both the ability and desire to build strong interactive relationships across all levels within the company.
- To be committed to the Company’s values.
- To work as an integral member of the Senior Management Team.
- Develop next line of Management, with a view of possible succession within 3 years.
- To regularly review progress and achievements with Managing Director.
- To monitor and seek advice from HR on any employee matters.
- Initiate manufacturing efficiency improvements throughout production using proven techniques and tools.
- To ensure on-time delivery and quality of the product to the customers (internal/external) requirement is achieved.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly output through the various teams.
- To accommodate bespoke and short lead-time work, by active involvement with the R&D and NPI Departments.
- To make continuous improvements on shopfloor layout and workplace organisation.
- To affect good health & Safety culture and support the Health & Safety Representative.
- Assume full ownership for the activities and personnel employed in production roles within the operation.
- In conjunction with scheduling functions, ensure proper coordination of supply of all purchased items, raw materials, and operational supplies to meet the site production plans in each product line.
- Liaises with Managers and supervisors to determine training needs. Works with line management, to identify suitable training programmes to meet individual and group training needs.
- Working with the Maintenance Manager to Ensure all plant is in good condition and Organise within production schedule any agreed preventative maintenance.
Skills and Experience required
- Customer focused.
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering capacity (preferable)
- Experience at similar Manufacturing Manager level within a World Class environment essential.
- Financially astute and with experience of P&L, labour costs, production variances and stock levels.
- Knowledge of SAP, MRP and forecasting.
- The post holder will be expected to be able to draft reports on various matters which may need to be delivered orally or in writing.
- The job holder must be a self starter, a team player and demonstrate above average interpersonal and communication skills.
- Firm grasp of modern manufacturing techniques
- Highly PC literate, with a sound knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
If you feel you can demonstrate the required skills and experience for the above vacancy and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by clicking the apply button.
For further information please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David. Many thanks for your interest.