Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are recruiting for a Helpdesk Administrator to work alongside the Sales Order Processor for a manufacturing company based in Saltash. You will provide support and liaise with customers, field technicians and all necessary departments with any queries they may have.
- Provide administrative and customer service support to the relevant Customer Service Manager.
- Provide a courteous and efficient service to both customers and internal departments by dealing with all enquiries accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure Customers’ needs are met/exceeded, to identify and respond to service and sales opportunities.
- Have a basic working knowledge and understanding of all products.
- Database entry of all relevant incident report forms and site visit reports received from either customers or technicians. Keep accurate records of information received pertaining to specific customer’s equipment holdings.
- Competency in using the Tag Management System.
- Complete requested reports or paperwork in a comprehensive and accurate manner, including statistics/graphs as and when required.
- Maintaining spreadsheets (batteries, collections, company-held customer stock, etc.).
- Maintain customers stock held and distribute accordingly.
- Process Service invoices for overseas shipments.
- Process small sales orders, acknowledgements and invoices.
- Ensure the correct product is ordered by Technicians.
- Continually monitor order completion as required.
- Provide the necessary level of absence cover for the Helpdesk Team Leader.
- Process repair quotes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Electronic distribution of Profile, Tag and Software files to Service Technicians.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Excellent customer service on telephone and in person.
- IT literate including Sage 200 and Excel.
- Solid administration skills.
- The role requires you to interface with customers/suppliers and all other departments and therefore you should be able to communicate information verbally or in writing at an appropriate level in a professional manner and create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships.
- Due to the nature of your role and the sensitive information that is available to you on a day-to-day basis, you are required to treat such information in the strictest of confidence.
All candidates will undergo 10 year security screening including CRB and financial probity check.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.