No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Reporting in to the HR Manager, this is a generalist role responsible for the day to day duties of the HR function across our Plymouth site. As the first point of contact for the Management Team and employees this role will both advise and support on employee related matters and ensure a quick and accurate response on the best approach.
The HR Advisor will work closely with HR colleagues to ensure the department is providing an effective and professional service to the business, and will contribute and support in the roll out of continuous improvement projects for our Plymouth site. Hours of work will be 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday).
- Provide support, advice and actively participate in the recruitment and selection of both internal and external staff, in line with UK recruitment policy.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of best practice policies and mandatory processes during the recruitment and selection of the right candidate.
- Responsible for due diligence checks for the temporary labour account with the specified agency. Ensure Agency is adhering to all correct employment legislation and promotes equality of opportunity at all times, i.e. AWR.
- Work closely with all levels of the management team, providing accurate and professional guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (inclusive of all policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring, performance management, etc.), in order to ensure a fair and consistent approach to people management throughout the sites.
- Advise and coach management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Provide support (note taking), advice and guidance (at an appropriate level) on investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters, in conjunction with a member of the management team, ensuring compliance with relevant policies.
- Support with developing, implementing and maintaining both site specific and UK based HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff.
- Ensure the Managers and staff are aware of the policies and processes and are able to operate them effectively.
- Support in the coordination of effective site communication ensuring staff and updated on key are informed and updated on key business and organisational issues.
- Ensure departmental records are maintained to meet the needs of legislative bodies and company certification requirements i.e. immigrations, ISO audits, employment law etc.
- Advise and support to ensure the adherence of the absence management policy and processes, i.e. Return to work interviews conducted in a timely manner, absence review meetings are being completed, appropriate company sick payment is being received by employees, etc.
- Demonstrate absence records are being accurately maintained.
- Provide advice and guidance on appropriate course of action relating to both short and long term absences with both the management and employee.
- Liaise with the sites Occupational Health Provider, to arrange management referrals and ensure business is legally compliant with all relevant Health Surveillance and coordinate wellbeing days and initiatives.
- Compile relevant reports updating on attendance data.
- Maintain and update relevant information HR systems.
- In conjunction with the management team ensure completion of paper based annual appraisals, and monitor the completion of the online appraisals system.
- Ensure probationary reviews are being completed and monitor feedback.
- Advise and coach management team on any performance related issues/development needs, liaising with the line manager to regularly review and take corrective action where necessary.
Learning and Development
- Coordinate and help deliver appropriate and effective induction programme to all new starters.
- Coordinate and record site training activities.
- Support in the facilitation of any relevant onsite training workshops.
- Assist with developing the annual training plan.
- Manage the process following completion of a training activity – ensuring the relevant paperwork has been updated and inputted into the training matrix.
- Support the HR Manager in the process of reviewing standards and processes within the HR function ensuring processes are value adding and standards are being followed.
- Ensure the HR function is adhering to 5’s audit.
- Support and drive continuous improvement projects both within the HR team and the business.
- Data input to external Payroll system ensuring accurate monthly and weekly payroll information is submitted.
- Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating and inputting data including adding new starters and removing leavers.
- Liaise with external payment companies i.e. Pension, Healthcare, Courts, etc. to ensure deductions and payments are accurate and paid on time.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant workshops/seminars, reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networking.
- Ensure departmental records are maintained to meet the needs of legislative bodies and company certification requirements e.g. Right to work documentation, ISO Audits, Employment law, etc.
- Maintain personnel database and carry out the filing for the department.
- Ensure organisation of Employee Forum meetings, calculate and provide required statistics on labour turnover, staffing levels and absence, organise taking of minutes and ensure distribution within 5 days.
- Complete all routine and non-routine administration i.e. new starter and leaver paperwork, mortgage application references etc.
- Provide the business with relevant KPI reports
- Provide adhoc support (projects etc.) to the business to ensure company objectives are achieved.
- Experience within a similar generalist role
- Good sound knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice
- High level of computer literacy Microsoft office use of HR/UKG systems
- Graduate calibre fully CIPD qualified
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing/logistics environment
If you are an experienced HR Advisor and you are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below so we can reach out to discuss the next steps.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.